Seattle had 10 players already under contract for the 2023 season
SEATTLE, Wash. — Seattle Mariners Executive Vice President & General Manager of Baseball Operations Justin Hollander announced today that the Mariners have tendered 2023 contracts to 27 players on their Major League roster.
Major League clubs had to make contract offers (“tender”) to every player on their 40-man roster who was not already signed for the 2023 season by Nov. 18 at 5:00 pm (PDT). Players who were not offered contracts became free agents.
The following 27 players were tendered 2023 contracts today:
- Brennan BernardinoLHP
- Prelander BerroaRHP
- Matt BrashRHP
- Isaiah CampbellRHP
- Diego CastilloRHP
- Matt FestaRHP
- Logan GilbertRHP
- George KirbyRHP
- Easton McGeeRHP
- Penn MurphyRHP
- Paul SewaldRHP
- Justus SheffieldLHP
- Gabe SpeierLHP
- Juan ThenRHP
- Ty FranceINF
- Sam HaggertyINF/OF
- Dylan MooreINF/OF
- Abraham ToroINF
- Jonathan ClaseOF
- Teoscar HernándezOF
- Jarred KelenicOF
- Cade MarloweOF
- Alberto RodríguezOF
- Taylor TrammellOF
- Cooper HummelC/OF
- Tom MurphyC
- Cal RaleighC
Three players were not tendered 2023 contracts and became free agents:
- Brian O’KeefeC
- Luis TorrensC
- Luke WeaverRHP
Ten players were already under contract for the 2023 season:
- Luis Castillo, RHP, signed through 2027 with vesting option for 2028.
- JP CrawfordINF, signed through 2026.
- Chris FlexenRHP, signed through 2023.
- Marco GonzalesLHP, signed through 2024 with club option for 2025.
- Andrés MuñozRHP, signed through 2025 with options through 2028.
- Robbie Ray, LHP, signed through 2026.
- Julio RodríguezOF, signed through 2029 with options through 2039.
- Eugenio SuárezINF, signed through 2024 with club option for 2025.
- Evan WhiteINF, signed through 2025 with options through 2028.
- Jesse Winker, signed through 2023.
The Mariners Major League, 40-man, roster is now at 37 players.