F1 LIVE news: Lewis Hamilton sets deadline to catch Red Bull and Max Verstappen

Vettel Puts Focus On Climate Change At Miami GP

F1 is looking ahead to this weekend’s the Azerbaijan Grand Prix with more intrigue than ever surrounding the 2022 season. Sergio Perez is one of the most fascinating characters in the sport, triumphing in a chaotic and thrilling race in Monte-Carlo on Sunday, before immediately extendeding his Red Bull contract to 2024 on Monday. The good news kept coming for Red Bull when the FIA ​​dismissed complaints against both drivers, Perez and Max Verstappen, from Ferrari. But there is potential conflict in the air if Perez can keep his resurgence going to challenge the world champion’s superiority.

Red Bull boss Christian Horner has made clear Verstappen will not be given preferential treatment over his teammate Perez unless he is clearly the only title contender of the pair. Perez claimed his second win of the season at Monaco last weekend as Verstappen finished third. The result brough the Mexican to within 15 points of Verstappen at the top of the overall standings, with Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc sandwiched between them.

Asked if Verstappen was the No1 priority, Horner told Bloomberg: “We are not talking about Sergio Perez Racing or Max Verstappen Racing here. It’s about Red Bull Racing. The drivers work for the team and bear this responsibility. It is important that they realize that the ambitions of the team are greater than their own. ” Follow all the latest news, rumors and build-up to the Azerbaijan Grand Prix:

1654509911

Lewis Hamilton struggle leads Toto Wolff to call for changes at Monaco Grand Prix

Hamilton was driving significantly faster than seventh place Alonso for a lengthy period towards the end of the race as the Spaniard attempted to preserve his tyres.

And Wolff feels the situation involving the two former world champions is a demonstration that the Monaco race needs to reinvent itself.

He said: “You can see that another lesson is that track position is everything in Monaco. Five seconds is like an F2 car but yeah, I think we need to look. ”

Michael Jones6 June 2022 11:05

1654509251

‘Everything is a mess’: Fernando Alonso still in pain from the Australian Grand Prix crash

Two-time Formula 1 champion Fernando Alonso has said he is still feeling the effects of a qualifying crash in Australia last month and expects to suffer for months to come.

The Alpine driver had bandages on both wrists after Sunday’s Monaco Grand Prix and told reporters they were a consequence of his Melbourne accident.

“I need two or three months and there is no surgery, nothing you can do. Just rest. Unfortunately, every two weeks I have to drive so I try to rest at home but it will take a few months, ”added the 40-year-old.

Michael Jones6 June 2022 10:54

1654508711

When and where is the next F1 2022 race?

The Formula One season is in full swing as the drivers prepare for the eighth race of the most extensive calendar in the sport’s history.

The good news kept coming for Red Bull when the FIA ​​dismissed complaints against both drivers, Perez and Max Verstappen, from Ferrari. But there is potential internal conflict in the air if Perez can keep his resurgence going to challenge the world champion’s superiority.

Elsewhere on the grid, Mercedes continues to strive for solutions to their performance issues after making a degree of progress, while Lando Norris continues to extensively outperform his McLaren teammate Daniel Ricciardo.

Here is everything you need to know:

Michael Jones6 June 2022 10:45

1654507991

George Russell has ‘knocked Lewis Hamilton off his perch’, claims Eddie Jordan

In his rookie season with the Silver Arrows, Russell has consistently guided the W13 to respectable finishes, ending every race so far in the top five – the only driver in the sport to do so.

By contrast, seven-time world champion Hamilton has struggled to cope with an under-performing car and his third place at the season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix is ​​the only race in which he finished above his teammate.

Those results mean Russell is fourth in the drivers’ standings – 34 points ahead of his more illustrious fellow Brit in sixth – and Jordan is adamant there has been a changing of the guard since the younger man joined Mercedes from Williams.

Michael Jones6 June 2022 10:33

1654507451

Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari united in opposition to the current F1 budget cap

Formula 1’s top three teams have shown a united front in speaking out against the sport’s current budget cap, with Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari chiefs all stressing the difficulty of sticking to the imposed limit.

Every F1 team is working with a cost cap of £ 119million this season, a move that is intended to ensure a more equal level of competition, but drastic inflation and a sharp rise in freight costs have put teams at risk of exceeding that amount in expenditure .

“At the time we all agreed to those reductions, nobody could have predicted what was going on in the world and how that is driving inflation in every household globally,” Red Bull team principal Christian Horner told Sky Sports.

Michael Jones6 June 2022 10:24

1654506791

Daniel Ricciardo’s time at McLaren is ‘over’, claims Jacques Villeneuve

Daniel Ricciardo’s time at McLaren F1 is “over”, according to 1997 world champion Jacques Villeneuve, who believes that the team are preparing to move on from the Australian.

Ricciardo has endured a tough and uncompetitive start to the 2022 campaign, sitting outside of the top ten in the Drivers’ Championship standings.

The 32-year-old has scored only eleven points, 37 fewer than teammate Lando Norris, and again finished outside of the points at the Monaco Grand Prix for the fourth consecutive race.

And Villeneuve believes that Brown’s reference to potential exit mechanisms may be bad news for Ricciardo.

Michael Jones6 June 2022 10:13

1654506060

Lando Norris reveals Le Mans ‘goal’ after F1 career ends

Lando Norris has followed Max Verstappen in denying he has any interest in Indy500, with safety concerns a familiar point of contention from the pair.

The topic has arisen recently due to the Formula One calendar heading to the Monaco Grand Prix last weekend, which forms one third of the ‘Triple Crown’ of motorsport, along with the Indianapolis 500 and Le Mans 24 Hours in the World Endurance Championship.

Verstappen highlighted that the risk of injury in the Indy500 was “not worth it anymore”, with Norris following suit in appreciating the bravery of the drivers involved – and also hinting he could be tempted to take on Le Mans in the future.

Speaking after he claimed sixth place in Monaco on a “magical weekend”, Norris wrote in his Telegraph column that he opted to unwind by watching the feats of other drivers Stateside at Speedway.

Michael Jones6 June 2022 10:01

1654505351

Norris wants ‘incredible’ Monaco Grand Prix to remain on F1 calendar

Formula One’s expansion push, changing car technologies and sizes and the need for greater revenue streams have all led to new locations pushing their own claims for inclusion, while Monaco’s contract as a circuit expired after last weekend’s dramatic race.

“That is Monaco. And that is why I believe it should stay on the calendar, ”he said in his Telegraph column.

Michael Jones6 June 2022 09:49

1654504751

Lando Norris disagrees with Lewis Hamilton assessment of Monaco Grand Prix start

The race was delayed by more than an hour due to heavy rain showers in Monte Carlo, a decision that has since been criticized by Mercedes’ Hamilton.

The seven-time world champion suggested that the weather was not reason enough for such a lengthy delay to proceedings getting under way.

Norris, however, believes the right approach was taken and the race could not have gotten under way on time.

Michael Jones6 June 2022 09:39

1654504211

‘F1 owners to won’t’ blink first ‘in Monaco Grand Prix stand-off’

The tight street circuit has been criticized by fans and drivers in recent years particularly, with suggestions that it is ill-suited to the sport’s continuing evolution.

Liberty Media completed its takeover of a controlling stake in F1 in early 2017 and has since overseen a popularity boom, with the calendar set to again expand next season, and the prestige and history of an event in Monaco perhaps now less necessary.

While Brundle is hopeful that an agreement can be reached to keep the “unique and crazy” race on the calendar, the former F1 driver feels that the sport’s owners will not be afraid to stand firm having allegedly demanded that the Monte Carlo race be prepared to adapt to the sport’s new era.

Michael Jones6 June 2022 09:30

Leave a Comment