Apple Arcade saw the NBA 2K franchise launch on the platform back in 2021 and NBA 2K22 followed last year. Now Apple has announced that NBA 2K23 is set to launch on its gaming service in October with everything you love about the franchise plus a brand-new “Greatest” mode.
Apple added NBA 2K23 Arcade Edition to its list of titles “Coming Soon” in the Arcade tab of the App Store.
With an expected launch date of October 18, the hit NBA 2K franchise is bringing an exclusive version of the game for this year’s release on Apple Arcade. That includes an all-new “Greatest” mode.
“Coming soon to Apple Arcade; NBA 2K23 Arcade Edition is the latest title in the world-renowned NBA 2K franchise. Exclusively on Apple Arcade, put your skills to the test in the all-new ‘Greatest’ mode. Complete challenges and earn points to see who’s really the greatest finisher, shooter, play-maker, or defenseman in the NBA. For the first time, you can go up against the 20 “” Greatest of All-Time ”” NBA players from the 76th NBA season, like Devin Booker, Kevin Durant, and Luka Doncic, and NBA legends, such as Michael Jordan, Shaquille O’Neal, and Dirk Nowitzki. “
You can tap “Get” on the game’s Apple Arcade listing here to have it automatically download as soon as it’s available on October 18.
NBA 2K23 Arcade Edition key features
- Start your NBA journey – from a young rookie to an NBA legend
- Create your player and choose physical characteristics like height, wingspan, weight, playstyle, & more
- Choose your position and play on your favorite NBA team
- Modify your stats and build: Become a 3-point specialist or dominate and slam dunk in the paint
- Enter your own private MyCOURT and practice drills and tutorials to improve your abilities
- Become the GM and Head Coach of your favorite NBA Franchise and build your NBA dream team in The Association
- Manage your NBA roster and make trades, sign free agents, scout up-and-coming prospects, and control your team’s finances
Quick Match Modes:
- Test your skill with authentic basketball gameplay, pick your favorite NBA team and play against rivals from around the NBA in 5v5 basketball games
- Blacktop Mode: Select your favorite players and play street basketball in 1v1, 3v3, or 5v5 game modes
Online Multiplayer Mode:
- Choose one of the 30 NBA teams and compete head-to-head with a friend in 3v3 street basketball in Blacktop mode against a friend
- Online Multiplayer games: play real-time PVP basketball in online matches
- Play on your own or against friends via iCloud – on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV.
- Compatibility with Xbox or PS DualShock controllers
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: